Friday 18 March 2011

An Ode to Shoaib Akhtar

The earth goes bellowing and screaming
"A stampede of bisons?"
"King Kongs swarming around in tons?"
No twits, it's mad monster Shoaib that runs.
Runs around in skinny pants of cheetah skin,
Throwing up chaos, living his life in sin.

Badass badie the mad monster is,
But better than Godzilla to watch.
So oh, how we will miss him,
Miss him when he's left.
But then he had not much life left with which to brim.
Or more accurately, the limbs weren't a match
For all the toils of a cricket match.

Yet we will remember what batsmen used to remember
"Oh, the screams, the thumping hearts-
That awful time before the mad monster's over starts."



Red Bull gives you wiiings.
Ps- The last two lines of the poem come from Max Fatchen's poem 'Look Out', a poem I'm crazily obsessed with. And no, of course he didn't talk about a mad monster bowling, I changed that part.

4 comments:

Stani Army said...

Bravo, Bravo.

Have you sent that kit design to the PCB yet?

Anonymous said...

Superb, Sunny. I love the picture as well. That's not a doctored photo, is it? I'm sure I've seen him wearing that.

Masuud said...

Absolutely loved the poem, and obviously the cheetah pants. Fittingly done.

sunny said...

It's not that easy, Stani. The PCB would of course kidnap me first so they don't have to pay me a cent for giving them this design.
Maybe I should send the pants directly to Shoaib and ask if he can promote them?

I think he wears skinny black jeans normally, Sid, but I thought he could do with a new touch of fashion to it. And thank you, I feel quite tempted these days to do some poetry.

Thanks for the compliment Masuud. :)
Maybe I should put the cheetah pants on ebay.