Tuesday 10 August 2010

Pak lost. *Yawn*

They may have done this deliberately.
I go out for a day, leaving the Stanis behind with England needing about a hundred runs more and Cook out.
I come back, and see the Pommies have won by nine wickets. Means they didn’t get out anyone else and gatecrashed all my reveries about Pakistan still possibly winning.

A few things about the match:

* We might not see K.Akmal for a while again because the Haider guy was pretty impressive. He actually accumulated more runs in one innings than Akmal could in-I don’t-know-how-many.

* We might not see Dan Kaneria for a while either, because through a nice half-century and good bowling, Ajmal has fixed himself to the spinner spot with Gorilla Glue and ten rolls of sticky tape. Might take plenty of time before he gets loose.

* Pakistan lost again and the rubbish batting can take most of the blame. So we might finally see MoYo playing in the next match. They’ll need him.

* Dad Broad is probably on a holiday to Fiji or on an expedition in the Arctic. That’s why Son Broad finally got caught being naughty and received some kind of punishment.

What, you’re saying I was going to ignore this match? Rubbish. I was only feigning a deliberate apathy to be honest, but come on, you knew that already, didn’t you?

11 comments:

Mudassar @ CricketVibe.com said...

Pakistan is slowly sorting out it selection issues and finding a good combination for a test time and by the time they will find it alright the series will be over 3-0 or 4-0 and they will start over again next test series, misery

Purna said...

Maddy, how many times are you going to start over again dude?

sunny said...

Hi Mudassar.
Seems like Pakistan is taking forever to sort out its selection issues, they just can't stick with one team it seems.
Well, let's hope the misery comes to an end quickly.

Anonymous said...

Haider was fab - I want to marry him.

Stani Army said...

So it was all your fault Sunny? What was so important that you had to go out?

Sid, I can arrange this for you. First I gotta break the news to Nathan.

sunny said...

Don't forget to invite me and Nate if you do Sid.

Stani, I went out because I had to show the world how good I am at minigolf.
I actually thought I might get a nice surprise after reading the scorecard, but none of that.

Stani Army said...

You need to stay in more. Mini golf shmini golf.

You have a duty to Pakistan cricket.

Anonymous said...

Hhhmmm ... in the big fight off between Nate and Haider, I'm afraid Nate just takes it.

Now I just have to have a word with my husband.

Stani Army said...

...just a word Sid? If that's all that is needed then he needs to appreciate you a bit more. I'll have a word....sorry, more than a word.

sunny said...

My duty to Pakistan cricket is not to watch them play all day like headless chickens, Stani. I have a greater duty to South African cricket I think.

Sid, you better hadn't. What if he locks you up?

Stani, it's a bad habit involving yourself in other people's business. :P

Stani Army said...

...I'm Sid's mentor Sunny. I forgive you, you didn't know. She always listens to my advice. I'm like her Mr Miyagi and she's my Daniel son.